Thinking Outside the Box!
Date: 4th May 2017
When thinking outside the box we're challenged to think of new ways and ideas and look at things in a different way. Unfortunately a lot of these new ideas cost money and production time, so items like custom and bespoke boxes are disregarded as a non essential expense. However, did you know there are Industry set standards and guidelines for boxes that allow you to choose a box style that is recognised and used all over the world?
Known simply as FEFCO: The European Federation of Corrugated Board Manufacturers is a non-profit organisation representing the interests of the industry across Europe and addressing a wide range of issues, from technical topics to economical questions.
FEFCO have developed a very in-depth catalogue of standard box styles. The most popular of which we have illustrated below.
The main benefits of using these standard cartons & packaging are:
• Guaranteed performance from standardised solutions
• Huge choice of designs available
• Can be tailored to any size
• Fully customisable with specialist coatings, printing and inserts.
• 100% recyclable
• Low tooling costs
Box Style 0201
• Most popular economical box style for transit of products
• Supplied flat with a glued or stitched manufactured joint
• Require sealing with tape, glue, staples or strapping
Box Style 0217
• Retail style box with carry handles and envelope locking base
• Supplied flat with a glued manufacturers joint*
• Does not require glue or tape to seal
Box Style 0401
• Simple construction, ideal for lightweight items
• Supplied flat
• Require sealing with glue or tape
• Also known as “Maltese Cross” box design
Box Style 0427
• Popular shipping/transit box for postal deliveries
• Strong and sturdy box style protects contents exceptionally well
• Supplied flat, locks and tabs are integrated for self-assembly